My name is Emil Tiedemann and I love writing about the things that make me happy in life, such as music, cinema, and my hometown. I have a strange obsession with horror cinema. I collect songs digitally. I can probably kick your ass at hide & seek, pop culture trivia, or Ms. Pac-Man. And I don't get the big deal over Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson. I mean, he's fine, I don't not like the guy ... but, what am I missing here?
On a less personal note, I am a writer, a blogger, a graphic designer, and an amateur photographer from Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, where I run an award-winning blog (I Heart Edmonton), published my first five books, and never ran a marathon.
I am 41 years old now and I am currently in the process of embracing a 2.0 version of myself, because I believe self-improvement is a necessity for a happy and healthy life. That's where you can follow along with me and my "journey," through my blog The Overhaul, where I hope to share my thoughts and experiences with anyone who gives a shit.
Here are some times people in the media reached out to me for a story...
- Transforming Edmonton interview with Sandra Sperounes about my experience taking the UofA's 'Indigenous Canada' online course in 2020 (9/29/2021).
- 630 CHED interview with Reid Wilkins about my Change.org petition to have the downtown community arena renamed after the late Joey Moss (10/30/2020).
- Edmonton Journal interview with Anna Junker about my Change.org petition to have the downtown community area renamed after Joey Moss (10/27/2020).
- CTV interview with Steven Dyer about my Change.org petition to have the downtown community area renamed after Joey Moss (10/27/2020).
- CityTV interview with Courtney Theriault about my Change.org petition to have the downtown community arena renamed after Joey Moss (10/27/2020).
- CBC interview with Kyle Muzyka about a local group I was apart of called 'The Humans of Edmonton Experience,' which was focused on sharing stories of mental health/awareness, homelessness, hope, and positivity (1/9/2018).
- Edmonton Journal interview with Stephen Cook about 'The Humans of Edmonton Experience' art/social media collective I was apart of, with Jerry Cordeiro, Joy Zylstra, and Neil Kennedy (1/5/2018).
- Edmonton Journal interview with Samantha McKay about my "30-Day #buyyeg Challenge" initiative, which encouraged Edmontonians to buy local as much as possible for 30 days (2/24/2016).
- St. Albert Today interview with Scott Hayes about the 2015 Edmonton Pride Festival, as a Board member of the Edmonton Pride Festival Society (6/6/2015).
- Gay Calgary interview with Krista Sylvester about the 2015 Edmonton Pride Festival, as I was a Board member of the Edmonton Pride Festival Society from 2014-16 (5/2015).